With Christmas looming, I thought I would compile a handy list of Christmas gift ideas from companies I have had the pleasure to work with over the years.
1) First up, the beautifully scented candles from The Heartwood Candle Company, lovingly made in St Albans by Laura and Dominique. You can even catch them at the St Albans Christmas Market from today (3rd December) until Sunday. Don’t miss out on their special winter edition candle: Sweet Orange, Clove and Cinnamon, they sold out early last year!
2) A fab way to display those family photos, or to showcase your children’s artwork, The Little Square Gallery offers beautiful bespoke products. If you have missed the deadline for Christmas orders they also offer gift cards to give you a bit more time to gather your photos ready for a masterpiece!
3) Ruby and Freddies, based in St Albans offer a lovely range of British Made baby gifts as well as unique clothes for older kids too like these gorgeous knitted jumper, perfect for Christmas with their Fair Isle pattern!
4) Stock up on yummy Christmas food at Buongiorno Italia, Tony’s Italian deli on Lattimore Road, St Albans. At this time of year, Italian treats like panettone and panforte make delicious Christmas gift ideas, and Buongiorno Italia also offers a great selection of hampers.
5) Last year I had the pleasure of doing a family photo session for Naomi, found of The Tipi and her home was a photographer’s dream, beautifully furnished with cool and unique pieces. On The Tipi website you will find products to make your little one’s rooms both fun and stylish, not an easy feat!
6) Also St Albans based, cool and on trend baby clothing brand Tommy & Lottie have a really nice range of super soft 100% cotton baby clothes with a British woodland or Fairground based design.
7) One for your coffee addict friend/partner: a gift card from Charlie’s Coffee Company on London Road.
8) For wine lovers, find a special bottle at Zefino on George Street with expert advice from Ferenc, the in house sommelier!
9) Finally, ahem, if you are looking for a great present for someone who is into photography, may I suggest a fab present idea? Rather than spending money on more photography gear, how about a gift voucher for a photography course? It’s not about the equipment, it’s about how you use it! I offer bespoke one-to-one photography tuition session as well as a very popular 5 week beginner photography course in St Albans.
Another really popular Christmas gift for a grandparent or your spouse is a gift voucher for a family photo session. Most people purchase the Sweet Collection as a gift, with the possibility for the recipient to upgrade to a larger package if they wish to do so.
Christmas gift ideas
Have you got any other suggestions for some cool present ideas, especially from St Albans based businesses? Please feel free to add them in the comments below!